Bridger Aerospace is seeking highly skilled team players, who can work well under pressure to meet quick deadlines while adhering to FAA and safety regulations. This position requires troubleshooting and mechanically-minded capabilities by inspecting the aircraft and resolving the issues or problems, performing routine maintenance, and recording actions according to appropriate agencies. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting multiple aircraft platforms under a Part 145 repair station and Part 91 maintenance operations. This position is based at Bridger Aerospace HQ in Belgrade, MT.
Reports to: Avionics Lead
What You'll Do:
- Operate within a team environment with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety, and honesty,
- Effectively communicate with team members in areas of technical data, quality conformity, and time management
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting aircraft maintenance manuals, component technical data, wiring diagrams, aircraft blueprints, and schematics.
- Wire, install, test, and verify operation of avionics equipment and accessories; identify and correct electronics failures using hand tools, test equipment, technical documents, and technical reference materials.
- Modify existing wire harnesses and new wire harness fabrication.
- Assure that maintenance/modifications are done in accordance with procedures described in FAA Regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- Assists with all mechanic duties.
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good decisions regarding job sequence and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution.
- Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
- 3 + years of experience maintaining aircraft Avionics Systems
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport
- Ability to obtain FAA Repairmen Certificate or Valid A&P License
- Experience working in a 145 Repair Station Preferred
- Firefighting Aircraft Experience Preferred
- Ability to Pass a DOT drug screening
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and aircraft maintenance tracking software
- Ability to lift equipment and materials up to 50 lbs
- Tools required
- Position will require travel during the summer months/fire season on a 12 day on 12 day off rotational schedule.
- Year round 12 day on and 12 day off rotational schedule. Applicants may live away from station and commute to HQ for 12 day on schedule.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company performance-based bonus plan
- Equity stock-based compensation package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, and 401k
- Continuing education reimbursement
This position requires obtainment of an AOA Badge issued by Bozeman-Yellowstone Int’l Airport.
Bridger Aerospace Group Holdings and its family of companies does not discriminate or permit discrimination by any member of its community against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by federal or state law in matters of employment, promotion, services or activities it operates.