We are seeking a highly motivated individual, who can work well under pressure to meet demanding deadlines with little or no supervision. In this role, the successful candidate will be primarily focused upon quality problem solving and non-conformance prevention within the 14 CFR Part 145 Certified Repair Station (CRS). In this role, he/she will be responsible for collaboration with all CRS Process owners. The Quality Engineer I will aid in the development of FAA CRS process design and continuous improvement methods and techniques, root cause analysis, development of quality plans, quality control/assurance Inspections and First Article Inspections in accordance with ISO 9102.
Additionally, this individual will provide Quality Engineering support coordination of the overall Quality Management System, repair development and STC program management.
Reports to: Manager of Quality Engineering
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop Quality Plans in accordance with Quality Business Unit and ISO 10005 requirements
- Assist in the development of Quality training courseware, and instructing others regarding hands-on Quality Control (QC) Inspection of aircraft, aircraft engine and propeller maintenance and modifications
- Assist in the development of Quality training courseware, and instructing others regarding hands-on QC conformity inspection regarding avionics installations as an individual contributor and/or manager
- Assist in the execution of effective supplier surveillance and vendor rating management of OEMs, Repair/Overhaul Vendors, raw materials, and Aeronautical Part Distributors
- Assist in the development of Quality training courseware, and instructing others regarding effective root cause analysis, corrective action, and preventative action development
- Perform Internal Evaluation Program Audits
- Perform supplier source Inspections
- Perform compliance checks
- Assist as Auditee with coordination of external audits of the FAA CRS
- Strong aeronautical regulatory and quality standard compliance negotiation
- 3-5 years of experience in Aviation/ Aerospace industry Quality management
- Organized, superior attention to detail, self-motivated, effective problem solver in a fast-paced environment
- ERP experience required; adaptability to quickly learn and manage internal systems
- Individual contributor level Microsoft Office products proficiency
- Excellent phone, email, remote technologies and face-to-face communication skills
- Must have a reliable vehicle and be able to pass a Motor Vehicle Report
- Ability to support AOG operations, work outside normal business hours
- Travel percentage: Up to 30% domestically and internationally
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to perform additional duties as assigned
This position is subject to pre-employment background check and drug screening. Additionally, this position requires attainment of an AOA Badge issued by Bozeman-Yellowstone Int’l Airport.
Bridger Aerospace Group Holdings and its family of companies does not discriminate or permit discrimination by any member of its community against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by federal or state law in matters of employment, promotion, services or activities it operates.