Initial Attack (AKI) Captain - Pilot-in-Command on CL 415EAF fixed wing waterbomber aircraft operating under Visual and Instrument Flight Rules. This role reports directly to the Chief Pilot. The candidate responds well when faced with a quickly changing environment and relies on their excellent judgement to complete the mission safely while following all guidelines.
- Flown and performed duties as an Initial Attack Captain within the previous 36 months
- Operate aircraft in accordance with the FAR Part 91/137, and Aircraft Flight Manuals
- Assess the operational environment to ensure that the required mission objectives are met in a safe and efficient manner
- Apply good airmanship , sound pilot decision making and crew resources management skills to ensure that a safe and efficient environment is maintained for both crew and aircraft
- Follow all Company Policy and Procedures
- Ensure compliance as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures and GOM
- Work closely with the Bridger Operations Centre and regional fire dispatch to maintain a regular flow of information regarding flight requirements, schedules and duty time limitations
- Maintain knowledge and currency of aircraft operating systems, avionics, weather and regulations
- Ensure all mandatory publications are updated and all relevant changes are reviewed, clearly understood, and followed
- Spend extended periods of time away from home base
- Assist maintenance in positioning aircraft in preparation for, and after flights
- Assist aircraft maintenance engineers with aircraft servicing. (i.e., fuel, grooming, towing etc.)
- Assist the Safety personnel to ensure safe operations and report any hazards
- Ensure a positive and professional customer service attitude is maintained
- Ensure all federal regulatory, administrative, financial, and operational documentation is completed accurately without delay.
- FAA Commercial License - airplane single and multi-engine sea, instrument
- 1500hrs PIC
- 500hrs on type and 3 fire seasons
- 500hrs PIC seaplane or have 2 yrs as PIC on CL415/215T
- 100hrs PIC airplane within 365days
- 200hrs PIC mountainous terrain
- 100hrs PIC on aircraft over 12,500lbs
- Second Class Medical
- Valid passport
This position requires obtainment of an AOA Badge issued by Bozeman-Yellowstone Int’l Airport. This position also requires agreement to a 2-year training agreement; a copy will be provided to candidates upon request. Please send a request for this document to Human Resources.
Bridger Aerospace Group Holdings and its family of companies does not discriminate or permit discrimination by any member of its community against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by federal or state law in matters of employment, promotion, services or activities it operates.